Install Google Now on ICS Devices with AOSP ROMs
Google Now on ICS: Febycv, a XDA developer has established a method to install Google Now on rooted ICS devices running AOSP ROMs. Last week Google has announced Google Now at I/O 2012, which is Google’s new voice search feature officially available in Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
If you are lover of Google Now and running Android ICS then there is good news for you that you can install Google Now on your rooted ICS Smartphones running AOSP ROMs. We have posted the step-by-step instructions for you to load Google Now on Android ICS. Take a look below:
Use this guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any kind of damages happen to your Devices.
Steps to Install of Google Now on Android ICS
- Connect your rooted ICS smartphone to your computer
- Open Root Explorer and navigate to /system
- Next open build.prop in Text Editor
- Edit ro.build.version.sdk = 16 and save it.
- Now navigate to /system/app and Rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk1
- Next reboot and install the app from here
- Now edit build.prop and change ro.build.version.sdk = 15 and reboot your device.
Please remember that this Google Now only works with AOSP ROM’s and works only for US English.
Google Now for Android 4.0 ICS [Screenshots]
Google Now for Android 4.0 ICS Devices [Video Demo]